How far is 90km?
- Walking 12 games of 18 Hole Golf
- Over 2 Olympic length marathons
- 1800 lengths of an Olympic Pool
- 11 Mt Everests on top of each other
- Driving Perth to Joondalup, returning to Perth and then going to Joondalup again
It is also the distance on a Handcycle between venues that have hosted Empower Golf Australia’s Come and Try Golf clinics, from Carramar Golf Course to Wembley Golf Course, then to Point Walter Golf Course before cycling to the Western Australian Golf Course in Yokine.
On International Day of the Disabled Person in 2017, Empower Golf’s Tom Hughson rode a handcycle 90km to raise money for a new ParaGolfer in WA.
Tom’s ride also incorporated three Come and Try Golf Clinics, so everyone could see how ParaGolfers change the lives of those who use them.
Tom’s ride was followed by a fundraising evening to bring together Perth’s friendly golf community to support golf inclusion.
A big thank you to everyone who took part in the day, even if is was just to cheer by the side of the road.